Have you been thinking about purchasing a new air conditioner? Or maybe your furnace is nearing the end of its life? If so, then you may want to consider making that purchase before the end of the year to take advantage of the federal tax credits being offered for Energy Star Certified heating and cooling products. You will need to act quickly because these credits expire on December 31, 2016. Want to learn more HVAC tax credits for Southern California residents? AAP Home Services is here to help!
Here are some of the products that AAP installs and the requirements for earning a federal tax credit:
- Air Source Heat Pumps – Split System – $300 tax credit on a split system with a SEER rating of 15 or higher
- Air Source Heat Pumps – Package System – $300 tax credit on a package system with a SEER rating of 14 or higher.
- Central Air Conditioning Split System – $300 tax credit on a system with a SEER rating of 16 or higher.
- Central Air Conditioning Package System – $300 tax credit on a system with a SEER rating of 14 or higher
- Gas, Propane and Oil Furnaces – $150 tax credit on a furnace with an AFUE rating of 95 or higher.
- Furnace Fans – $50 tax credit for advanced main air circulating furnace fan.
- Gas, Propane or Oil Boiler Heating Systems – $150 tax credit on a system with an AFUE rating of 95 or higher.
It is also important to note that qualified gas furnaces specific to the southern half of the U.S., where homes typically require less energy to heat, are assigned different requirements than those in the northern U.S. These furnaces are up to 12 percent more efficient than standard models are signified with a unique “U.S. South” Energy Star logo, and DO NOT qualify for the Federal Tax Credit.
In addition to the immediate tax credit incentive, there are many other reasons to consider replacing your old heating or air conditioning unit with a new, Energy Star Certified product:
- Long Term Savings – Each of these energy efficient products use less fuel. This means lower fuel bills every month, which will help you recoup the cost of your new HVAC system.
- Environmentally Friendly – Energy Star certified products are better for the environment. If we each use a little less fuel we will conserve our valuable resources and take better care of our planet.
- Home Comfort – When it comes to heating and cooling, for many of us the bottom line is comfort! Energy Star products are built for efficiency and evenly distributed, comfortable temperatures throughout your home.