As a valued member of the AAP family, we appreciate the trust you place in us for plumbing needs. With the current health concerns, it is important for all of us to monitor the rapidly evolving situation involving the coronavirus (COVID-19).
AAP Home Services provides a vital role in maintaining the health and safety of our community. Therefore, we will remain open during this time of social distancing. If you are experiencing a plumbing issue we will be there to fix it.
We want to share our plan to address concerns and answer questions that you may be asking. Below is our process moving forward until further notified.
If you need service, please call our main line at (951) 427-1707 for service at any hour. We have local staff handling the phones Monday through Saturday 24/7.
Measures we are taking for our team to be aware of:
- We have a very strict policy in place that if any staff member is not feeling well to stay home and consult with their physician and with his or her immediate supervisor
- We currently have adopted a “no hand-shake policy”
- All employees have been instructed to wear gloves on job sites to limit any hand to surface exposure
- We intend to limit our time in groups as a team as much as possible
- Technicians already work in isolation for most of the day and are not exposed to large groups during work. We will be limiting face to face interaction between our office team members and field team members
- We will be following cleaning protocols recommended by CDC and state agencies
Service Call Precautions
We are open and running calls to homes. We want to be there in case of emergencies and make sure we keep our customers safe and comfortable at home. We also need to take caution to protect our team members and make sure they stay healthy as well.
When you call in, our office staff will be asking if anyone in the home has a fever, been diagnosed or had exposure to the virus. We need to know so that we can be proactive with our team’s response and level of protection. We will have some team members who do not want to be exposed to a high-risk customer and we will respect those wishes. We will also have team members who are willing to work in that environment so that we can respond to those in most need.
We will be following protocols to maintain a safe work environment by wearing gloves, wearing masks if needed, and disinfecting work areas in the home and in our trucks after each call.
Obtaining Signatures for Work
Our normal process is for repair work to be approved via signature before beginning work. In order to reduce contact, we are giving the customers the option of sending approval via email or text message.
Updates From AAP Home Services
We will carry out our plan in two week increments unless the situation changes. We will send out communications via email and social media if our plan changes.
We greatly appreciate our customers and team members here at AAP Home Services. We understand the value of trying to reduce the spread of this virus so that our healthcare system is not overwhelmed. We are confident that we will be able to handle this predicament as quickly as possible and return to normality.